Sunday, May 25, 2008

Melon City Crit

Never did this race before, but have heard good things about it. Since we were staying at a hotel we were able to get there plenty early and watch alot of the other races, which was a good thing since there was a speed hump right at the bottom of the downhill that everyone was talking about and we got to see how everyone else did that. Get to the line when they call us up, and start looking around an see some familiar faces from yesterday, but there was only 12 of us, oh well less of a chance of getting pulled, lol. Start the first lap and go out towards the front on the downhill to try and avoid and crashes on the speed hump, but we all make it through safely, and start the climb. 2nd and 3rd lap are about the same, except one guy made an acceleration on the hill that I just couldn't cover and I was off the back, so I spent then next couple laps riding by myslef, knowing that the leaders were too far in front for me to catch, and there was a group of 3 pretty close behind me, so I couldn't let up. One lap to go and I can see the group of 3 about 300 yards behind me so I know I have to keep going all out, get to the climb and keep it in the big ring and hammer up the hill never looking back to see where they are. I came across the line in 6th place and the legs were feeling 2 days of racing thats for sure.

Melon City Crit

No comments: