Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012

Ok I an going to bring this back to life again, or at least try to. So far no real racing action for me other then finishing up cross season with Nationals in Madison back in January, that race went a little better then expected I had a goal of not getting lapped and also lasting more then 1/2 the race before getting pulled/lapped. I understand they have a rule of 80% of being behind the leaders and you get pulled, now how far back I was not really sure and would I have gotten lapped before completing 2 more laps, probably, but I was just happy to be racing my bike with the Nations best racers and knowing that I have a lit of work to do before the race returns next year. Speaking of that I am going to try and follow some more structured training this year instead of my just riding around like I have the past 5 years or so, I have never really did any intervals other then hill repeats and pulls on fast group rides.

So far I just finished up a 5 week training block getting back on the bike with mostly base type riding nothing overly hard, did a couple hill rides just to try and judge where I am at and with Kent Park coming up in 2 weeks I will need as much hill work as I can get. On call week ends tomorrow, daylight savings was last night, and temps are going to be in the 70's most of this coming week.

The other thing that has changed is Angy has decided she want to run a 1/2 marathon in May and I have been running with her on most of her workouts including the long runs on the weekend, which is up to 9 miles today, when we started running 3 miles seemed like forever, but after 2 weeks in a row of 8 miles it really isn't too bad.

A few pictures from Nationals






No comments: