Sunday, February 17, 2008

Race for Humanity

Crit race in Dade City, Florida.

Was on vacation in Florida and saw this race not to far from where we were staying with my in-laws so I decided to give it a try. The only training I had was the miles I had logged on the rollers since the winter was quite harsh, and the roads were really bad. I felt really out of my element on this one since these guys can ride outside year round, and not need lots of clothes to do so either. Race started and I got in with the 2nd group on the road, after about 6 laps I got off the back of that ground and was in the 3rd group now with 2 other guys. Worked together in an effort to not get lapped, but with about 5 to go it happened, and we just kept racing from there. Setup for the sprint in that group at the corner before the finishing straight, get the jump on the other 2 guys and took 10th place out of 15 starters. 23 laps and 11.5 miles later the 1st race of the year was in the bag.


Click for pics:
Race for Humanity

No comments: